RE: REQUEST FOR SPONSORSHIP TO FACILITATE ORGANISATION OF THE WORKSHOP ON THE FUTURE OF THE PASTORALIST SOCIETIES IN TANZANIA TO BE HELD ON 1/4/2007 AT………………………………
OSOTWA is a civil society, non-profit making organization, non- political, academic and professional society of the University of Dar Es Salaam catering for interests of students of pastoralist background. It is registered and recognized in and out of University of Dar Es Salaam. Pursuant to its constitution, the organisation’s mission to build and share the spirit of Unity, anti-poverty, knowledge, creativity, charity to its members, and students of other high learning institutions who will subsequently impart such attitude and knowledge to the rest of the society.
Building a pastoralist society with high degree of integrity.
Raising anti-poverty spirit and promote awareness and unity among students and other prominent individuals and impart it onto the pastoralist societies at large.
In pursuance of the provisions of OSOTWA constitution our objectives are:-
1) To strive resolve social, economic, and academic problems facing its members;
2) Strive to promote unity among people of pastoralist’s origin in order to stamp-out social, economic, academic and cultural problems commonly facing pastoralist societies;
3) Holding consultation with prominent individuals, NGO’s operating in pastoralist areas, Government institutions and other public entities engaged in poverty alleviation and rural development in order to chart out strategies to effectively deal with common problems facing pastoralist societies.
PROPOSED WORKSHOP ON THE FATE OF PASTORALIST SOCIETIES IN TANZANIA
The past and current trend of development show that, the pastoralist societies have been facing difficulties due to failure to cope with modernisation, globalisation as well as modern state national policies. As the result pastoralist societies have remained observers developments taking place in the world.
The most difficult challenges facing the pastoralist societies are poverty, ignorance and diseases. Members of OSOTWA society being part the enlightened amongst the pastoralists have been concern over the difficulties facing the society. Its our desire as intellectuals to search for possible solutions as well as share our ideas and vision the rest other professionals and the rest of the society with the objective of providing a lasting solution to common problems experienced by the pastoralist societies.
In view of this OSOTWA is organizing a workshop that will bring together various professionals, policy makers, community and social development experts and key decision makers in the government system to present, discuss and find appropriate solutions to assist pastoralist societies to cope with modern lifestyles and environmental changes in order to promote development among them.
The proposed workshop theme is “the fate and future of pastoralist societies in Tanzania“
Planned activities during the workshop include:
1) Paper presentation by students and other invitees;
2) Panel discussion after presentation ;
3) Fund rising.
The objective of the workshop is to discuss the following agenda after presentation.
1). How the current trends of development including globalisation, national and environmental policies (in particular land and urbanisation policies) affect pastoralist societies;
2). Effects of increasing urbanisation of young pastoralists on traditional economic engagements and HIV and AIDS pandemic.
Benefit to OSOTWA
- To provide an ideal platform for Osotwa members and other sympathisers to air their views and ideas on the fate of the pastoralist societies;
- To sensitise the society and the government on the role played by OSOTWA in socio-economic development of pastoralist societies and their contribution to national development initiatives;
- To provide a forum for interaction between students and other members of the society thus bridging the gap between them and promote collaboration and knowledge sharing on how to improve the environment in order to reduce the pace of urbanisation of the pastoralists.
Benefit to the Sponsor/Participant
- Win fraternal relations with OSOTWA and other participants
- To demonstrate spirit of corporate social responsibility of the sponsor;
- You will be playing your role of poverty alleviation by implementing various policies like MKUKUTA, MAISHA BORA KWA KILA MTANZANIA, ELIMU KWA WOTE AND VITA DHIDI YA MARADHI (HIV and AIDS; MALARIA AND TB)
In view of the potential benefits the Workshop will to the nation, OSOTWA requests your kind support to make the event a success. Support can be in the form of financial resources or other materials or services that can facilitate achievement of the workshop objectives. It will be highly appreciated if your commitment can be fulfilled before 20th March 2007.
TENTATIVE BUDGET REQUIREMENTS
Transport (To and From)
(Postal and Publication)
Mills and soft drinks
For clarification or advice on where to deposit your contribution please contact of the following members of the Society:
1. Onesmo P. Olengurumwa 0713 – 082228 - Chairman
2. Beth Sanare 0717 – 419924 - Vice Chairperson
3. Simon Olemegaro 0713 - 680652 - General Secretary
4. Esta Piniel 0784907128 - Treasure
In anticipation of your kind consideration and support, we thank you.
Presented by, Approved/Assented by,
OSOTWA executive leaders ………………………………….
On behalf of OSOTWA members. Goodluck J.S. Ole-Medeye (MA, MBA)
P. Olengurumwa chairman OSOTWA .